Monday, December 5, 2011

Where are the girls?

Recently, I ranted about a new Portland company generating a lot of buzz for their innovation, but employed few female employees and zero in leadership roles.

Last week, I met with a peer who told me about a new client she was really excited about.  She described them as "innovative," "visionary" and "forward thinking" and got me excited about them.  I checked out their website.  Yes, they offer a fresh take on a needed product.  Yes, they're positioned for great growth.  Yes, they have an exciting vision for where they want to take the company.  No, they don't include women on their executive leadership team.

So this got me thinking.  What companies in Portland do have women on their executive team?  I would love to support these truly forward thinking companies with my buying power and word-of-mouth promotion.  Where are women leading, setting the vision, taking charge?  I'm not expecting majority seats; heck, I'll settle for companies with just 20 percent.

What companies do you know with women in 20 percent (or more) of leadership positions?

Yes, I'm still going on about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment