Thursday, March 22, 2012

I want you

Hey, you guys, guess what ... I've signed on for another tour of duty with the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Portland.  You know what that means ... I want you to sign on for another tour, too.

This year, R4L of PDX has been chosen by the American Cancer Society to be a registration site for the CPS-3 study and I'm going to help promote it - recruit volunteers to sign people up during the Relay on July 21 and recruit volunteers to participate in the study.

What I want from you:
1.  Volunteer to "work the tent" and register participants in the study,
and/or
2.  Be part of history by participating in the study,
and/or
3.  Spread the word.  Join my promotion efforts and generate buzz about CPS-3.  Encourage everyone you know that is eligible to saunter on down to Willamette Park July 21 between 3 and 7:00pm and get engaged in the anti-cancer cause.

What is CPS-3?
Great question.  I'm glad you asked.  It's a long-term study that will help researchers better identify the lifestyle, environmental, and genetic factors that cause or prevent cancer.
The American Cancer Society's Epidemiology Research Program is inviting men and women between the ages of 30 and 65 years who have no personal history of cancer to join this historic research study. The ultimate goal is to enroll at least 300,000 adults from various racial/ethnic backgrounds from across the U.S.

This is epic people.  Seriously.  And I want you to be part of the epic-ocity with me.

Too squeamish to offer up your blood? No time to volunteer? Consider cash and make a donation.

2 comments:

  1. Your energy is contagious, and I sure don't like cancer...seems inevitable I'll have to support you somehow. ;) Thank goodness I can take part in that CPS-3 study as many aren't as fortunate.

    ReplyDelete